Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sabbath Moments


Over at Colleen's blog, we can partake and share some Sabbath moments with each other.  Sabbath moments are quiet and reflective moments we build into our week for prayer or admiring God's Creation.  Here are some of my Sabbath moments this week:

1)  Each morning we say a short devotion, morning offering, and decade of the rosary together.  These prayer times are always so peaceful and joyful.  As we pray, I hear my five year old learn to say the new prayers he is learning while viewing the Autumn leaves against the sky outside my kitchen window.  We have a sitting area in our kitchen.  I'm looking forward to the time I can turn the fireplace on while we pray come winter.

2)  Every Wednesday, we get together for a class I teach to Kindergarten age students for our co-op.  I am teaching them the mysteries of the rosary and praying a decade together.  I always love this time of the week to see them growing and bonding in their Faith.  I envision Mary coming to put her arms around them with each prayer they say together.

3)  This morning at Mass, before my son got too wiggly, I was totally immersed in the song being sung about 'loving the Lord with our whole heart, mind, and soul and loving our neighbor as ourselves.'  I love this Bible verse as it always brings me such joy to realize that the most important point in our Faith is achievable through loving relationships.  Rules are important but when relationships are involved our giving is enhanced and comes more naturally through the love that grows among and between us.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of more beautiful Sabbath Moments than forming children in the faith and giving them the gift of loving Our Lady.

    ReplyDelete