Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

My Homeschool Week



It's time for A Homeschool Mother's Journal where we can share what occurred during our homeschooling week.


In my life this week...we didn't have our usual co-op classes for the Kindergarteners.  Instead we had a Halloween celebration.  I thought it was going to be more stressful than it turned out to be because of my PTSD.  The kids had a great time together and the moms enjoyed each others company.  We had to run out to buy a costume for my five year old and buy the ingredients for Witchly Cupcakes to make at home.  Therefore, we didn't get as much homeschooling done as we had planned.


In my homeschool week...We began our new Saxon Math Level 7/6 this week.  I also started using the Kolbe course plan layout for grading English.  For Art my daughter had to make up some poems for three different paintings.  She also completed her book report for Red Moon at Sharpsburg and completed her IEW draft on siblings. We learned about the future tense in Latin and compared two religious articles entitled "Jesus is the Center" and "Mary is our Model."  My daughter is learning about the Civil War in History and is keeping up with her Physics lessons and vocabulary.  My five year old is doing great work in Math (adding and subtracting), English (knows 4 types of sentences now), Phonics, Science (knows about gravity and our solar system), and creating two different Journals (A Rosary Journal and an Old Testament Journal). He is also learning his prayers.


Helpful homeschool tips or advice to share...If you have a young boy, I would highly recommend trying to begin a group with other young boys to come together in prayer and learn the Faith.  See my blog post at http://www.nucleusoflife.com/apps/blog/show/9687140-little-one-s-come-to-mary.

I am inspired by...all my wonderful homeschooling friends.

Places we're going and people we're seeing...co-op families and my high schoolers Open House at her Catholic school for a potential admission next year for my middle schooler.  We also had a great time at the last Maryland football and tailgate.  I love to see my two college sons come with some friends to our tailgate.  It is such a joy to see them.  It was a beautiful day to be outdoors with friends and family.

My favorite thing this week was...saying a decade of the rosary with the kindergarten class.

What's working/not working for us...Latin Alive! is working wonderfully for us.  I never thought I could teach Latin, but these books make it fun and easy.

Questions/thoughts I have...I wish I could keep my house neater and more organized.  Why did my daughter spill black paint all over our rug downstairs?

Things I'm working on...Creating a History test for the middle school class and preparing lessons on the Luminous Mysteries for the Kindergarteners.

I'm praying for...Our Country and our Church.

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...All serious daring starts from within.  Eudora Welty

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a productive week you and your children had! Awesome! :-)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments. I always like meeting like-minded moms. You are all such an inspiration!

    Our second son is receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation in a couple of weeks. Please keep him in your prayers!

    God bless,
    Lisa
    P.S. I am now a new follower of your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete