Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - April 13, 2016 - April 14, 2016



I am participating in a Simple Woman's Daybook:

Outside my window...it was a bright sunny day today and yesterday in Maryland.  It is finally warming up a bit but is still too cool for me.  It is often cool lately for this time in our state...in the 50's or low 60's.  It is more often in the 70's during April in Maryland. 

I am thinking...that I am grateful for the Bible study my hubby and I are attending at our parish.  Some of the questions were:

1)  Identify people and events that God used to help you come to faith in Jesus.

The constant love between my own mother and father greatly greatly assisted me in falling in love with the Lord.

Also, when I broke up with my first serious boyfriend, I finally realized how important family was to me.

After I was assaulted in a woman's restroom, I turned to the Lord more often.

Each of these situations played a huge role in fostering my faith life.

2)  Who cultivated your curiosity?

My religious education classes taught me a lot about Jesus, the Mass drew me in, my parents constant love, and the suffering after the assault all cultivated my curiosity or planted seeds w/in me to explore further into His love. Both words, actions, suffering and His very presence drew me closer to the Lord.

3)  Who explained the Gospel?  

My religious education teachers taught me the parables and sacraments while my parents taught me through virtuous actions and living.

4)  Who invited you to make a personal decision to accept Christ into your life?

It was never a choice.  Christ was always present, and I ran to him.  I've accepted the Lord from the beginning.

I am thankful...that I was able to hold the Journal Writing Class at my house today.  The boys had so much fun.  It was a beautiful day and they were able to play outside often.  I am also grateful that my leg stopped hurting.




In the kitchen...We are having shish kabobs tonight.

I am wearing...a pair of blue warm ups with a grey jacket.

I am creating...I finished my craft and chose some Bible verses for my Journal Writing Class Thursday.  I also chose some books for the Journal Writing Class I'm teaching at our homeschool coop next year too.  I sent out the song with sign language we are going to learn and asked the moms to do a summer prerequisite for the class.  They are to teach their children what the word VIRTUE means, point out examples, and practice the song occasionally.  Friday I am looking at a closer coop to home which means we might do both coops as the one I'm in now only meets every other week and is 50 minutes away.  Here is my Virtue Song:

Virtue Song
(Tune:  Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush)

Help Me See the Virtue
The Virtue
The Virtue
Help Me See the Virtue
In the World Around Me

Help Me Have the Wisdom
The Wisdom
The Wisdom
Help Me have the Wisdom
In Decisions I Make

Help Me Seek the Knowledge
The Knowledge
The Knowledge
Help Me Seek the Knowledge
In People that I Trust

Anchor Thoughts bring Joy
Bring Joy
Bring Joy
Anchor Thoughts bring Joy
To Everyone I Meet

I am going... to check out another coop tomorrow that is closer to home.  They offer History, Science, Art/Music, and IEW course.  It sounds great.  They meet once a week.
I am wondering...how my daughter will enjoy her junior prom tomorrow night.  She is double dating with a friend. I picked her dress up from the cleaners today as it needed to be hemmed.

I am looking forward to... picking up my dog, Bella, from the vet later today.  When I woke up, I noticed a big stain of blood on our white couch.  She kept licking as though she were swallowing the blood.  The vet said, "she had a 3.5 leison under the right side of her tongue and her tooth was loose.  The tooth had to be extracted and she needed stitches.  Nobody knows what she did to herself.

I am hearing...my two sons and I clicking away on computers.

Around the house...I need to organize better.

I am praying...for Ted Cruz and his family.

One of my favorite things...teaching my son how to write and communicate.

A few plans for the rest of the week...is to visit the new coop, get my nails done with my daughter, drive my daughter to her friend's house on prom night and take pictures, pick up my dog, and continue to pray for the list of people I wrote down on paper.  It helps me to remember when it is written down.

Here is a recent picture of Journal Writing Class today:


No comments:

Post a Comment