Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Friday, October 6, 2017

SOAP: Week 10 - Sirach




SOAP: Scripture verse, Observation, Application, and Prayer.

S - "My child, from your youth choose discipline; and when you have gray hair you will find wisdom.  As though plowing and sowing, draw close to her; then wait for her bountiful crops.  For in cultivating her you will work but little, and soon you will eat her fruit."  (Sirach 6: 18-19)

O - I have a very close relationship with a disciplined individual in my life...my husband.  I've seen him grow after his heart surgery.  He is very disciplined about what he eats and getting enough exercise now.  I wish I can be more like him.  My eating habits and exercise can both improve.  Not to mention, some bad habits I've picked up from my youth.  I also wish I could clean and purge clutter in my house better.  My hubby can sit down and read for lengths on end while I get distracted and side tracked.  That is the whole reason why I'm doing this SOAP meme for me to improve on my discipline skills.  I enjoy reading scripture and trying to apply it to my life.

A - This will be my application of discipline in my life if I want to lose weight and be healthy:

Prayer:  Say the devotion and decade of the rosary with my son every day.  Say the St. Michael's prayer on EWTN every day.  Go to adoration at least once a week and say rosary or read something spiritual.

Diet:  Eat no more than 300 calories per meal and no snacking until I reach my desired weight.

Exercise: At least three times a week at the gym and continue walks with hubby (I walk on the treadmill or ride the bike for 30 minutes at the gym.)  I also need to lift my hand weights at home twice a day.

Cleaning/Purging: Pick one small area every day to clean and purge (believe me...there is plenty around here to keep me busy.)  Also, to keep a clean sink.

Reading:  Do a SOAP meme every week, keep up on my son's homeschool grading, read at least 30 minutes to an hour per day, Write the Word from http://www.shop.cultivatewhatmatters.com every day.

Cooking:  Try at least one new recipe a week.

P - Dear Lord, please help mothers who have to manage their time on their own be able to meet the needs of their families with grace and discipline.


No comments:

Post a Comment