Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook





It is time for a Simple Woman's Daybook for this Monday, August 27th, 2013.

Outside my window...it is sunny and warm here in Maryland and I just returned from bringing my daughters' to their first day of school.  My son fell asleep on the way home.  I  think he got up too early.

I am thinking...that it been awfully nice being able to take hour long walks with my hubby lately.  We have a good conversation as we escape the house and the kids and get good exercise at the same time.  It is also such a joy to be out in nature.  Sometimes...less is more!

I am thankful...that my oldest son came home from college and got the best hair cut I've ever seen on him.  He is so handsome with this new layered hair cut.  I am also thankful that my two college sons were home yesterday evening for dinner and rosary together.

In the kitchen...we had pork chops and mashed potatoes last night.

I am wearing...a grey tee with blue and yellow shorts with flip flops.

I am creating...We are attempting to create a learning center for homeschooling.  Hubby cleared out most of the clutter downstairs and now we have to hang the white board.  I am also creating one of the crafts for my journal writing class.  I was able to work on it yesterday while I waited for my daughters at a half day high school orientation and senior picture day.  I did get a lot done.

I am going...to bring my two daughters to their first day of school today.  We are using the school's bus service to bring them from Maryland into Virginia this year.  I used to have to drive all the way which took about 40-45 minutes one way.  It will cut about 20 minutes off our traveling time and we will be able to get home earlier to begin home schooling. (So much for starting early...my son is tired!)

I am wondering...how the co-op is going to work out as we do not have normal class rooms with desks, tables, or a black board.  The students will be sitting on coaches and plush seats.

I am looking forward to...our first class for journal writing in September.  The children have such a good time.

I am hearing...I put Fox and Friends on in the morning.

Around the house...my oldest is getting ready to return to college and my second grader fell asleep on the couch. 

I am praying...for all my kids in their educational growth and making good social decisions.

One of my favorite things...was attending the co-op gathering the other night where I was able to meet so many nice moms.

A few plans for the rest of the week...are to begin homeschooling and finish making our learning center.

Here are some pictures to share when we visited my mom a couple weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment