Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Simple Woman's Daybook




I am participating in A Simple Woman's Daybook today for the month of January (I wanted to post this before the month is up).  I hope you enjoy my post.

Outside my window...It is a beautiful day here in Maryland for the month of January.  It may be in the 60's today-like spring.  I can hear the geese in the pond behind our house because we have the screen door open to let in the warmer air.  Can you see the pond?




I am thinking...why so many people are so serious looking even when something is funny.

I am thankful for...the small easels I was able to find for my son and possibly use in my journal writing classes. (picture to come later)



In the kitchen...I have pot roast, carrots, potatoes, and gravy in the crock pot.

I am wearing...black and pink sweats with my hair in a pony tail.

I am creating...a lesson plan for our Valentines Day Journal Writing Class.  Of course we will be talking about love but also a science concept too.

I am going...absolutely no where - thank goodness.

I am wondering...what the people from the animal shelter will say tonight at our interview with them.  We are adopting a puppy and they are coming to the house to do their typical governmental snooping.

I am reading...Diary of Saint Maria Faustina Kowalska

I am hoping...that I can make a smooth transition to a new doctor.

I am looking forward to...studying about the Greeks with my first grader for his history lesson and studying religion today.  (picture to come later)

I am learning...to manage my illness better using faith as a guide.

Around the house...I hear my son playing with his toys and playing outdoors on this beautiful day.

I am pondering...about other lesson ideas for my Journal Writing Class.

A favorite quote for today..."The transition from our work of path-straightening to God's work of instilling in us living faith is not linear.  We never graduate from self-help to God's help, for the two are intertwined and inseparable by divine design.  We never forge such perfect habits of self-discipline that we can rest on our laurels and float on clouds, waiting for God to do His part.  Living faith is qualitatively different and better than the practice of human virtue, but it will always be sustained by our willingness and action to prepare our nature for the grace of the moment and for the boatloads of grace God has in store for us."  Father Jonathan Morris.

One of my favorite things...is teaching religion class to first graders this year.  They are so adorable and filled with joy for the Lord!

A few plans for the rest of the week...plan, read, pray, exercise

A peek into my day...
 
 
My son would be expelled in public school.

No comments:

Post a Comment