Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook - July



I am participating in a Simple Woman's Daybook.

Outside my Window...it was hot, bright, and sunny in Maryland today. Yesterday it was very hot at our last swim meat of the year.  It is nice that swim team is finally over as it gets too hectic towards the end of the season.  Nevertheless, my daughters still need to coach until divisionals and teach swim lessons.  Therefore, I'm still swamped with carpooling duties early in the morning.

I am Thinking...I am glad that I made a doctor appointment the other day because I haven't been feeling very good lately.  I get tired very easily and seem to be struggling with occasional allergies or sinus problems.

I am Thankful...for the programs in the Church for our youth.  My sons have been on numerous mission trips both inside and out of the country.  The Catholic Student Center at the University of Maryland has two wonderful priests there that have continued the work of strengthening our children in the faith.  One was able to come to the house for dinner this month.  What a refreshing friendly change from our stuffy pastor!

In the Kitchen...We barbecued burgers and pork chops on Monday and Tuesday.  Wednesday was the swim meat so everyone kind of ate left overs.  Tonight my daughter made a yummy chicken and pasta dish for us.

I am Wearing...black exercise shorts and colorful tee

I am Reading...How to be an Adult in Relationships: The Five Keys to Mindful Loving

I am Creating...Cookie recipes.  I wanted to give some to my neighbors but there are no nice cookie containers. I just used sandwich bags and attached a nice note.  My son and I will have to bring them to the neighbors together.

I am Looking Forward to...going to California for our nieces's wedding.

I am Hearing...the kids watching t.v. downstairs.  They were outside but apparently the mosquitoes are starting to attack.

Around the House...I straightened the girls room a little the other day as they are so busy with work, swim team, swim lessons, and coaching that there is little time for cleaning.  I also straightened my own closet out.

I am Praying...for my son Colin and his girlfriend Jordan.  They just met on Catholic Match.  She is a very sweet girl. Also, for Ted Cruz and his family.

One of My Favorite Things...helping Jordan cook for Colin at our house the other day and celebrating the 4th of July with some good friends. Here are some pics:





A Few Plans for Next Week...we are going to the Shrine of St. Anthony's and will complete a report on it for one of my son's 4th quarter homeschool assignments.

Here is a recent pic to share:  Crab Feast at the pool.  That's my hubby in the background.  He's a big flirt (in a good way) just like my dad was.




No comments:

Post a Comment