Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Small Successes

Faith and Family has a wonderful meme where you can list three small successes accomplished during your week.  It is wonderful to hear so much progress.  Just click on the name and post your successes.  Here are three of my accomplishments this past week:

1)  My sixth grader finished her edits on her writing assignment about a dishonest leader.  She chose a bible verse of Proverbs 1:29 to include in her paper.  It refers to knowledge and my daughter believed the people in the story did not turn to true knowledge (in reference to God) and, therefore, fell into the trap of this dishonest leader.  There was one person who escaped the trap set by this leader because he was smart and sought true knowledge.  I love when I can include the Faith into their daily academic assignments.

2)  The main teacher in our co-op was out sick at the last minute.  We had to think of something the children could do quickly and easily.  I had an idea to teach them Math using the white erase board.  It was a big success.  The children were three to seven years old and my idea caught their attention for 45 minutes.  I'm glad I thought of trying this even though I didn't know if it would be a success or not initially.  We would of had a much harder time with the children if I did not come up with this plan.

3)  I left 15 minutes early today to pick up my daughter from high school.  This was so I can enter the little chapel they have in the school and say the rosary.  It is so much easier to pray sometimes when I'm away from the kids and clutter.  It just took 25 minutes and it was worth every minute to be able to sit in quiet solitude and be in the presence of Our Dear Lord.  This was a success for me even though immediate results aren't easily visible.  I really prayed hard for our country as I'm sure you know it is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment