Expressions from our Youngest

Expressions from our Youngest
Love it!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Simple Woman

Peggy Hostetler has a wonderful blog where one is invited to express the simple things in life they are experiencing.  It is hosted on Mondays and is a very good way to start off one's week by contemplating short range and long range plans.  Just click on Peggy's name to be part of this blog.  Below are the simple things I'm experiencing this week.  (Hopefully they are simple enough!)

Outside my window...it is cold and dark.  I hope the snow melts more today.

I am thinking...why does my 1966 Encyclopedia Brittanica state that the French and Indian War began in 1754 and the Seven Year's War began in 1756 .  My daughter's history text has the dates switched around.  Furthermore, my encyclopedia states that these wars were not related to eachother.  My daughter's history text says that the French and Indian War was an extension of the Seven Year's War!

I am thankful for...a husband who has left some Valentine's Day cards and candy on our kitchen island for us.  He also bonds with my daughter through her participation on the swim team at her Catholic school.  I am very thankful for this.

From the learning rooms...author and writer John Steinbeck; the issue of the French and Indian war reported as being forced by the governor of New France left out of my daughter's history text; care for the two different types of seeds we planted for my sixth grade daughter's science experiment; math corrections; sentence diagramming; chemical compounds...

From the kitchen...pork loin filet for dinner.

I am wearing...blue cotton PJ's with blue stars and my grandmother's warm fluffy pink bathrobe.

I am creating...a little flip book to teach the children the seasons in the Co-op class I teach and a new journaling book for my four year old.

I am going...to find certain chemical compounds on some products at the grocery store with my daughter and pick up my highschooler from school later.

I am reading...Souls at Rest by Charlotte Ostermann.

I am hoping...that the Maryland legislature fails in its attempt to redefine marriage!  What a Valentine's Day gift!  If possible, pray for justice to prevail with me.  I am also hoping that dh looks at my website information before it expires!

I am hearing...silence intermingled with the rustling of my daughter and husband getting ready to go to swim team practice and work.  I occasionally hear my dog's paws move to another lounging spot.

Around the house...I have to gather our library books later.

One of my favorite things...is having a very good watch dog at home when I have to pick up my daughter from high school.

A few plans for the rest of the week...get my flip book enlarged and laminated and take things one day at a time.

A picture thought to leave you with... (I don't know how to put pictures on my computer yet - so I can't do this.)

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for stopping by and leaving kind words at my blog. I love meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, it's nice to meet you. I believe by this time of February we all want a Lil Spring...I Live in Southwestern Michigan ~~ Winter Wonderland! Where the snow is melting as I type, all 3 foot of it! The 40 degree weather today is a blessing for raising one's spirits...
    ~~Hugs~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our big dog. He makes me feel so much safer when hubby is working night shifts. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) ~Alana~

    ReplyDelete