Wednesday, April 29, 2015
It's time to join Colleen's blog called Deos Gratias where we list five things we are thankful for.
1) I'm grateful that my son and I have been able to attend daily mass periodically before we start our homeschooling. It is such a joy to receive Jesus in the Eucharist before we start our day.
2) I'm thankful that we were able to attend the 50th anniversary mass and dinner at the University of Maryland's Catholic Student Center. My son and his girlfriend celebrated with us. My oldest son had to teach a youth group at a local church and my daughter went to a concert with a friend. We sat with our good friends at the celebration.
3) I'm grateful that we found some elderly parishioners we can bring communion to. They can no longer drive and they love the Eucharist brought to them.
4) I'm thankful that my husband returned to work after his heart surgery. He is doing very well.
5) I'm grateful that I ordered the book the moms are going to discuss in my daughter's school book club.
Friday, April 10, 2015
It's time for Deo Gratias over at Colleen's blog where we list five things we are grateful for this week.
1) I'm thankful that my husband's heart surgery went well and he is getting stronger every day. It's been 5 weeks now in his recovery and things are looking good. He had a valve repair. There were no blockages - just his heart valve wasn't closing properly. He is giving all the glory to God these days. It is wonderful to see his recovery.
2) I'm grateful that my two youngest children were able to have a sleepover at their friends house last night. Their daughter is friends with my daughter and their son is friends with my son. With my husband's recovery, we haven't been able to do a lot during my daughter's Easter break from school. My husband goes to rehabilitation 3 days a week now. We haven't been able to go much anywhere lately.
3) I'm thankful that my husband took my 15 year old daughter to get her ears pierced the other day while I was at homeschool coop with my 8 year old.
4) I'm grateful that our coop days are coming to an end. We have one more week of coop than a celebration. We will have a pizza party and Ben and Jerry's ice cream for our last coop.
5) I'm thankful that the Holy Spirit is guiding me to sacrifice more and pray more. We've been trying to attend daily Mass or listen to it on EWTN.