Monday, June 30, 2014
I'd like to post to Deo Gratias where we list five things we are thankful for this week.
1) I'm thankful that my eight year old son was moved up to eight and unders on the swim team. He advanced from a 30 minute practice to a 45 minute practice and now is able to swim in some meets. His first eight and under practice he couldn't do the whole duration of the practice. He almost quit. I went up to him and told him to stretch and take some breaths and afterwards, he jumped right back in. Now he practices the whole 45 minutes with no problem. He has been in three swim meets and is doing great. I'm so glad I was able to talk some sense into him at his first practice. I knew he could do it.
2) I'm grateful for coming up with a plan for my next journal writing class. I found some fun animal crafts off the internet. My daughter gave me the idea for the bible verse we will discuss. We will be reading from one of Aesop's Fables.
3) I'm grateful that my oldest son, Colin, came to eat dinner with us and visit with us when he attended a party near our house. I was able to go to Mass with him the next morning. It is always a warm feeling when my sons visit us from college. They have kept the Faith!
4) I'm thankful that we had nice weather for the parish picnic, bonfire, and dive in movie. Here are some pics:
5) I am grateful that my daughter won $200.00 from the Men's Club at our parish. They award prizes to seniors for their service in the parish. This will help pay for her books at college.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
Outside my window...it has been overcast here in Maryland today for my son's eighth birthday: June 21, 2014. There is just some sprinkles but no heavy rain and we were able to attend the first A meet for swim team. Patrick swam in his very first A meet for his birthday. Afterwards, we had pizza with the team at the pool.
I am thinking...that it will be nice on Monday when I get to help my son write his paragraph for journal class. Then I can send it to all the children that participated in the class.
I am thankful...that we had good weather yesterday for our journal writing class. Afterwards, my son and his friend played in the yard catching baby frogs. We have a pond behind our yard and we get tons of these baby frogs. The class went well and it was so good to see our friends from our old coops.
In the kitchen...we are having fried chicken from Safeway.
I am wearing...a blue tee with jean shorts and flip flops.
I am creating... trying to figure out my smart phone.
I am going... no where...only 11:00 am Mass tomorrow.
I am wondering...when my other college son will arrive home with his girlfriend to celebrate my eight year olds birthday. My oldest college son has already arrived home. I just finished making his birthday cake.
I am looking forward to...just getting through the swim team season so that we can go on vacation in August.
I am hearing...the t.v. sports channel on and typing on the keyboard.
Around the house...we have to get a new porch put in outside our basement.
I am praying...for my children.
One of my favorite things...was watching Patrick swim in his first meet on Wednesday.
A few plans for the rest of the week...are to just enjoy swim team and summer homeschooling.
Here are some pictures to share:
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
It is time to list five things we are thankful for over at Deo Gratias.
1) I am thankful for the part time job my 22 year old son has at a Maryland hospital in Baltimore while he is getting his nursing degree. He just started and came home yesterday in his scrubs. I know he will make a good health care provider.
2) I am grateful for our local pool where my daughter had swim practice. She has not been feeling well lately and I think getting outdoors and exercising has helped her feel better. I also went in the pool with my 8 year old and he met a new friend there. It is such good exercise and a chance to break away from the technology in the home. There are some wonderful families to meet at our pool.
3) I am grateful for the successful graduation and commencement ceremonies for my graduating college son and high school daughter.
4) I am thankful for the peaceful and relaxing time we now have after all the celebrations that were taking place. It has given me time to say the rosary every morning as our country needs these prayers badly.
5) I am grateful for the time my daughter can spend with her friend in California for a week. They've been very busy and now they are on a much needed vacation.
Sunday, June 8, 2014
It is time for a Simple Woman's Daybook for this Sunday, June 8, 2014.
Outside my window...it has been sunny and warm here in Maryland for the past 4 or so days.
I am thinking...that it will be nice for my daughter to go to California with her friend after they've been so busy with graduating from high school. My daughter's good friend has relatives there they can stay with and enjoy the beach. Her grandmother lives in Carmel and it is beautiful there.
I am thankful...that my two oldest sons were able to attend my daughter's graduation commencement ceremony with us. We had a wonderful day together.
In the kitchen...we had cheese burgers and salad
I am wearing...a grey tee with pink and blue shorts
I am creating... A craft for the journal writing class and a new album for my grandmother's pictures that my mother could label.
I am going...to be seeing someone who will help me design my grandmother's album for my mother.
I am wondering...how my daughter has done packing for her trip to California. She has been so busy lately that I wonder if she has had adequate time. I need to make sure she doesn't forget anything.
I am looking forward to...our summer class for journal writing next week. The book and bible verses focus on beauty.
I am hearing... my husband cutting the grass and my two youngest watching Despicable Me.
Around the house...we have too many books and papers piling up and need to declutter and clean.
I am praying...for my health as I haven't been feeling up to par lately.
One of my favorite things...was attending my daughter's graduation ceremonies this past week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...are to send in my homeschooling review and renewal plans to homeschool my son next year for third grade.
Here are some pictures to share when my daughter graduated: