Wednesday, December 5, 2012
Today I am participating in A Thankful Woman's Blessings. This is a wonderful meme where we list five things we are thankful for and share them with each other.
1) I am thankful for the 38 Republicans who voted against the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD). All the Democrats voted for it along with 6 Republicans. I think they only needed 5 or so more votes for it to pass. Someone wants this to pass real bad because it keeps appearing to be ratified by a vote from the Senate. I was able to read some of this legislation on the HSLDA website and it is totally ridiculous. We need more strong leaders in the Senate!!!
2) I am so grateful for my advent wreath, prayer book, and Christmas tree set up for the advent season.
3) I am thankful for the wonderful mother daughter tea my daughters eighth grade class had this past weekend.
4) It is wonderful that my daughters enjoy being on their school's swim team.
5) I am grateful for our neighboring county's library. Our local library is closed for some strange reason and we need a book for our co-op tomorrow.
Saturday, December 1, 2012
Chocolate Chip and Oatmeal Quick Bread
1) In a large bowl, mix the contents of this 2 Quart bottle: 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup rolled oats, ½ cup granulated sugar, ½ cup brown sugar, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, ½ tsp. cinnamon, ½ tsp. salt, ½ cup chopped walnuts, and ½ cup miniature chocolate chips.
2) In a small bowl, beat 1 ½ cups buttermilk, 2 large eggs, ¼ melted butter.
3) Stir wet mixture into dry ingredients just until evenly moistened (batter will be lumpy).
4) Scrape into a buttered and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pan (w/ a 9 cup capacity), and bake in a 350 oven until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.