Thursday, July 12, 2012
To be grateful for the blessings God bestows on us is one of the highest forms of respect and worship for God. Judy's Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings provides one an opportunity for just this. It is so beneficial to a Christian to take the time to reflect on their blessings rather than rushing through every day and taking them for granted. Therefore, take a moment and give to God your respect and worship by listing five things you are thankful for during this past week.
1) I am very thankful for our local library even though they reduced their hours too much. You know - budget cuts and all. We get some wonderful picture books for my six year old and I to read together.
2) I am so grateful for the religious education program at a local parish and their religious education director and staff. They have a wonderful ethos toward customer service (like the Lord would have it).
3) I am extremely grateful for Fr. Robert Barron's Word On Fire Website. Check it out.
4) Every day I am amazed at the progress my six year old shows in remembering bible verses and stories we write about in his journals. In just one sitting, we reviewed seven journal entries and ten bible verses he completed for his work.
5) I'm stuck - so I asked my daughter what she was thankful for this week. She said, "I am thankful for my sister because - if she was not here - I would be surrounded by boys. My daughters do have a very special relationship. I am grateful for this!
Friday, July 6, 2012
It is time (a little late) for a Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings. Just go to Judy's blog to list 5 things you are thankful for from the Lord.
1) I am grateful that our electricity came on Tuesday. It was out from Friday through Tuesday. We were able to give our food to 2 different families so it wouldn't go bad. It was a pain but my family grew closer during this time also. There is something about no electronic devices and struggling through difficult times by candle light that made it almost feel like a type of camping trip.
2) I am thankful for our good friends that invited us over their house to escape the heat. We had a wonderful time with them.
3) I am so thankful for our pool. We spent much time there and used the showers/rest room while we couldn't use our own during the power outage. The pool has also provided my children with jobs as lifeguards, growth on the swim team, assisting in coaching kids, and teaching swim lessons. For this I am extremely grateful.
4) I am grateful to have the time this week to post to Judy's Thankful Woman and peak into your lives. I see so many blessings.
5) I am extremely grateful to be able to spend the 4th of July at my good friends house in Frederick. I was unable to face big crowds from my illness. No lie, we were able to see about 10 different firework displays from her yard. We saw Ft. Detrick and Baker Park too. It was a great time with food and friends!